Monday 3 October 2016

No Foundation Quick Makeup Look

Happy Monday to all !

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend as much as possible - I sure did! So, today I decided to share with you a makeup look with a twist - I used NO foundation. In my opinion foundation shouldn't be used everyday as it will clog your pores and also why would you want to veil your natural skin everyday? That's just my opinion though. Also, for this look I used minimal products so that it would classify as a quick makeup look.
Products used for this look! 
The first thing I did was apply moisturiser all over my face to hydrate it and make it look fresher. Then I went in with my NYX HD Concealer on any blemishes which I wanted to remove - mainly chin area and I had a huge blemish on my cheek 🙈.

After blending it out with my beauty blender I started applying eyeshadow. This time being a quick makeup look I did not create anything elaborate or which would need endless blending. Therefore, I used my NYX The Runway Collection Palette which contains natural shades most of them browns.


First I used the lightest shade in the palette (shade no.1) and applied it all over my lid to brighten up the area and set up a base for the other shades. Then I applied shade no.2 which is a very light pink into my crease to continue brightening it up. Then I mixed shades no. 3&4 and started adding dimension to my crease. I continued building it up until I was satisfied with the intensity - didn't want it to be too intensified as I wasn't going to apply any eyeliner. I then packed my eyeshadow brush with shade no.4 and applied it from the middle of my eyelid outwards. For my eyeshadow I only used the following two brushes so that as I was applying and blending it out at the same time.


As I wasn't using any eyeliner I grabbed my holy-grail mascara the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara and applied two coats to my upper lashes. I made sure that I applied it as close as possible to my waterline as this will create the illusion of having some eyeliner and also fuller lashes. For my lower lashes I applied the NYX Curvaceous Mascara which I find to be the best for lower lashes as the its spool is so easy to use and precise.

Last but not least I applied my favourite nude lipstick the NYX soft matte lip cream in the shade Athens.
The final look was better than expected considering that I removed foundation which usually makes the whole difference. I might have added a bit of blush to give some colour to my complexion - however I still love this look and I would definitely use it again when I'm in a hurry.




Hope you enjoyed this look as much as I enjoyed creating it! Would love to hear what you have to say about foundation - is it a must when applying makeup or not? 
Have a lovely week beauties we'll be back on Friday 😁

With love,
DP XXX
Don't forget to find us on social media for little sneak peeks of blogs before they are public, preparations, planning and more of Distorted Priorities!

'Like' us on Facebook: Distorted Priorities
Send us an email - we'd love to hear from you (could be from response to blog suggestions): distortedpriorities@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter for regular updates: @distortedblogs
Follow us on our official Instagram and our personal ones too:
Official Instagram: distortedpriorities
Deborah's Instagram: deborahsaliba97
Yanica's Instagram: yanica97

No comments :

Post a Comment