Thursday 15 December 2016

Nuremberg Christmas Market #Blogmas

As you might have read I was recently at the Nuremberg Christmas Market in Germany. I went for 4 days with my parents and I honestly had so much fun! I really got into the Christmas spirit!!

The Nuremberg Christmas Market is one of the most popular in Europe. The inviting smells of mulled wine and roasted almonds, Nuremberg bratwurst and gingerbread fill the air. And it’s not only the little ones who's eyes twinkle at the sight of all the twinkle lights but also the older ones who won't know from which stand to start first with all the decorative lights and amazing aromas. I honestly did not know what to expect as I could not possibly imagine how on earth can you fill a Christmas market with Christmas related items. 








I felt like a little kid all over again! As soon as we reached the first stop all I could see where Christmas ornaments that included snowmen, Father Christmas, angels and lots more. Hundreds of Christmas Tree decorations such as decorative balls, bells and other hanging ornaments. I felt as though Christmas threw up on the city!







There were various stalls selling different items. My favourite were obviously the ones selling Christmas ornaments. From cute little angels, to hedgehogs, sleighs, reindeers, Father Christmas and anything else you might think of. You can see a couple of the Christmassy things I saw from the photos below. There were other stalls selling all kinds of fresh fruit and vegetables and other food-related items from strawberries, rasberries and all other sorts of berries; different types of olives and marinated food. 










Furthermore, there were all sorts of sweets mainly filled with marshmallow mix or made of marzipan. There were marzipan sweets that were made in the shape of different ham and cheese, chocolate covered fruits. Without a doubt the most wanted food items would have to be the bratwurst which are traditional German sausage made from pork. As you can see the options of what you could eat or drink were endless! 






Apart from all the lights and decorations, decorative ornaments and Christmas trees there will be the surrounding shops such as bakery that sell fresh bread and croissants as well as souvenir shops that sell typical Nuremberg gifts - Christmas related of course !

It was such a lovely time and I enjoyed bonding with my parents so much! I highly recommend visiting a Christmas market if you ever get the chance. Hope you enjoyed today's post!

Until next time!

With Love,
DP XXX

No comments :

Post a Comment