Sunday 18 December 2016

Review: LUSH - Herbalism: Face and Body Cleanser

Today I bring you a different kind of review. This is because it is a brand that I have never reviewed here on Distorted Priorities. I'm talking about LUSH! A couple of days ago I was at Germany and I managed to find a LUSH store. I know that in Malta we do not have one and you cannot purchase products on their website either as they do not ship to Malta but I decided to do this review anyway so that if you're ever in a country where there is LUSH or someone you know is going there you might tell them to buy a couple of things for you!

I will be reviewing Herbalism - Face and Body Cleanser. Since all the ingredients and instructions on how to use the product were all in German I had to ask the sales girl who thankfully could speak English! I told her that I wanted some form of face scrub particularly for areas of excess oil on my skin and blackheads. From the various products she showed me I chose this one.


I looked up what it consists of and how to apply it since all the instructions were in German. ''Its gently exfoliating, deep-cleansing base of kaolin clay and rice bran mops up excess oils, and a toning blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile leaves skin feeling fresh, clean and calm.'' For those wondering this product is also vegan - I will link the product and the site's website on how to use it at the end of the post.


The product's colour is not quite attractive as it has a lime green colour. It's a solid powder type of product if that makes sense - quite similar to a dough. You can use the product wherever you want whether its on your face or legs or neck!


How to use: Break a piece of the product and mix it with warm water to create a paste. Then gently massage onto the desired area, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.


Although I did not get the perfect consistency as I did get quite a liquidy result (I promise you it's not as disgusting as it looks!) you can keep trying until you get the desired result. To see whether this product actually makes a difference or not I only applied it on my T-zone which recently have been super oily, focusing on the area where I have blackheads. I did not include a photo of the applied product on my face before and after as it is quite explanatory plus I looked like a mini-shrek!

I did like the product because it does help with excess oils and in fact it helped with my makeup because it did stay on much longer (I used this product a couple of times now and I applied various makeup products on my skin). However, I did not see any improvement on my nose area which is where I mostly have blackheads. It did make them feel less harsh if that makes sense but I would not recommend it simply if you want it for blackheads.

And that brings us to the end of today's post! Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments below if you ever tried any Lush products.

With Love,
DP XXX

Lush - Herbalism

No comments :

Post a Comment