Thursday 2 February 2017

January Favourites

Hi everybody! For today's post I decided to switch things up - we have Sarah from What Sarah Writes guest blogging over on Distorted Priorities. She will be taking you through her favourites for the month of January. I did my favourites over her blog if you'd to check them out! Without further ado, I'll leave it up to Sarah!

***


Hello! Today, I am collaborating with Distorted Priorities to bring to you this guest post. If you are new to my blog, then let me introduce my self. My name is Sarah and I'm a 17 year old sixth form student. I currently live on Malta's sister island of Gozo. I have been running my blog under the name of What Sarah Writes for the last two years and I am enjoying the experience so far. My passion for makeup, style and photography are the main reasons why I decided to start my blog in the Summer of 2014. On my blog you can read about anything related to beauty, fashion and lifestyle but I also share the occasional recipe, travel and blogging tips post. I think that's enough about me and my blog for now. So keep on reading to find out about my beauty and other random favourites that I loved throughout the month of January. 

Beauty


Nivea Strawberry Shine Lip Balm // January was not kind to my skin and therefore I used this lip balm everyday without fail. It moisturizes the lips while also leaving behind a bit of a red tint so it can also be used as a replacement of a lipstick when you are in a rush. As the name suggests, it has a lovely sweet strawberry scent which I am obsessed with as I'm a huge strawberry lover.


Rosegal Max Volume Mascara* // I have been in love with this mascara over the past few weeks. Besides having the cutest packaging in the shape of a cat, it also adds length and volume to my lashes. Another thing that I like about it is that it separates and coats all the lashes while leaving no clumps behind.


The Body Shop Strawberry Hand cream // Surprise, surprise...another strawberry related product. To keep my hands from feeling like sandpaper, I have been using this moisturizer from The Body Shop. The cream is a gel formula and absorbs quickly without leaving behind that horrible sticky feeling.


Zoeva Caramel Melange Eyeshadow Palette // I have been obsessed with this palette since the first time that I opened it. Everything is beautiful about this palette. The packaging is gorgeous and the shade selection of both mattes and shimmers is amazing. All the colours go on smoothly, are easy to blend and are very pigmented. I touched up more on the palette and included swatches in the full palette review on my blog.


Rosegal Stick Highlighter* // As I said in my previoushaul and review post, it is a lovely cream based highlighter. It applies smoothly and can easily be blended in to leave a natural looking golden glow to the cheekbones, under the brow bones and on the cupid's bow.


Music


Shape of You - Ed Sheeran // I'm pretty sure that there isn't a need to say anything about this song apart from mentioning that it is amazing. It has been on repeat since being released and I have watched the music video way too many times!

Series


The Crown // I am that type of person that can never finish a series let alone be bothered to even start watching. But The Crown is different as I watched all the episodes in the first season in a weekend! The Crown revolves around Queen Elizabeth II and her personal life in the first years as being the queen. It is such a captivating series and the actors play their respective characters perfectly. Claire Foye who portrays Queen Elizabeth is my favourite and she even managed to receive a Sag award for this role. If you are interested in watching this series make sure to check out the trailer.

That's it for today! I hope that you enjoyed the post and that I will be seeing you over on What Sarah writes soon.


You can also find me on:

No comments :

Post a Comment