Sunday 10 December 2017

5 Things I learnt in 2017

For this year's Blogmas I wanted to include a different section in the blogposts. I have been posting and writing about fashion and beauty related topics for over a year now but I never had the opportunity to connect with you readers and I feel that if I can do that by writing these type of posts than I'm happy to do that. I don't honestly know what I should call them but for the first blogpost from this new 'series' (since I have no idea what to call this section of the blog!) I wanted to share with you a couple of things I learnt in 2017 in hope to inspire, help or motivate at least one person out there! I've always been better at expressing myself through writing rather than talking so this is perfect. I hope you like it!

#1 - Not everyone is meant to stay in your life forever
Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. We meet a lot of people in our life but we're not meant to have them in our lives forever. Some are meant to have them cross our paths for a period of our lives, others we may never meet and then there are those special ones that are meant to stay with us forever (or at least for a very long time!). The difficult bit in this process is accepting it all in the sense that in my case I find it extremely difficult to accept the fact that some people in my life; some that I've shared a huge chunk of my life with and whom I've thought I could always run to, are actually not meant to stay with you throughout your life. And that's okay, this will only make space for others who are meant to stay there for the long run..

#2 - It's okay to question what they have been telling you, what they have thought you
I'm not referring to ''they'' to anyone in particular - could honestly be anyone! My point is it's okay to question things in life - its the process of growing up. It doesn't mean we're broken or anything, it just means we're curious and we need to get a better hold of our life. It's okay to look and ask about things and change the way you've always thought things should be. What might be right for you might not be right for me.

#3 - It's okay to lose track of something
We're all humans, we mess up, we admit we made a mistake and we move on with our lives. Just because we lose track of our lives every once in a while doesn't mean we're bad people or that we're doing something wrong. It just means we need some time to think over a couple of things to get back on track. 

#4 - There are people out there that actually love you
Sometimes, even myself, I forget that there are people who love me. I shut everything down and just remember the negative things in my life. But there are people who love each and everyone of us. I know I'm sounding a bit dramatic by writing all this .. but in all honesty there are mothers, fathers, siblings, best friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, kids - whoever it may be, never forget that you're never alone! (sorry for sounding over-dramatic haha but I really want to get my point across!)

#5 - Never miss a moment to tell someone you love them
Sometimes we take special people in our lives for granted. Sometimes we forget how special someone can be to us and how important we can be to someone. Whoever it is, whether its your mum, dad, best friend or grandparents tell them you love them. Now that Christmas is coming up I feel it's even more important to spread love and happiness with the people we love. Sometimes we take everything for granted, we think that everything revolves around and forget to share our love or show someone we love how much they mean to us.

I don't want to make this post too lengthy so I'm going to stop here for today but if you want me to continue this post or write similar posts to these, do let me know! I hope this post doesn't come across as too dramatic or cheesy, I just wanted to forget what I usually write about and talk about other things that matter in life - things that may be slightly more serious (I hope that's okay!)

Love,
Deborah X



No comments :

Post a Comment